Hospice Patients are special Patients with special needs. At Dakota Precision Rx Compounding Lab, we understand those needs and we work closely with hospice organizations to help manage Patient’s symptoms through custom medications.
Sometimes simply reducing the number of medications a Patient is taking by combining several medications into one easy-to-take dosage form like a suspension, suppository, or transdermal cream can greatly affect the quality of the Patient’s life. In addition, if the Patient has uncontrollable pain, sometimes a combination of different pain medications makes all the difference in controlling that pain.
Other ways compounded medications may help hospice Patients:
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Suppositories, troches, suspensions, transdermal gels
- Excess Salivation
- Oral rinses, capsules, liquids
- Transdermal gels, suppositories, sustained-release capsules, troches, topical gels, injectables
- Neuropathic Pain
- Transdermal gels
- Suppositories, rectal gels, transdermal gels
- Dry Mouth
- Saliva substitute gels and liquids, saliva stimulant troches, sprays, capsules
- Lollipops, troches, oral rinses, topical bases